YouTube Channels have a new look
Top Five Benefits of the New YouTube One Channel
- It uses responsive design: your channel looks good on any device from smart phone to desktop to TV screen and you only have to create one image file, YouTube does the rest
- You can organize your content just the way you want to deliver it
- You can customize your channel in lots of ways to suit you and your viewers
- Your channel header is bigger than ever
- Clean design
Check out my new and improved channel
While you are there, if you like what you find, please subscribe and you’ll get notified when new videos are available.
I had to finagle the image I wanted to use for my channel art a bit. YouTube provides a downloadable png file and these image specifications:
- Make your image 2120 pixels wide by 1192 pixels high
- The prime real estate in your image is 1280 x 350 px in the center of your viewer
- Your image must be under 2MB in size, but I found that 1MB is really the maximum file size
- You can drag and drop the file to upload it
Total Size: 2120 X 350 pxSafe Area (Always visible): 1280 X 350 px Centered on the imageFlexible Area (maybe visible): 420 px to the left and 420 px to the right of the safe area.
Here are shots of what my new YouTube Channel looks like on several devices
Desktop (showing the zones that are live for each device)
Get all the specs here
If you already have a YouTube channel, try out the new look.
If you don’t have your own channel, what are you waiting for?