- Your mind likes order. Your mind likes to put everything in its proper place.
- Your mind doesn’t know the difference between what you imagine and what is real.
- Your mind will keep “pinging” you about an idea until you do something about it. Keeping track of everything you want to do in your head makes for a very messy, confused brain. Make your brain happy. Make a list!
How to Get Ideas Out of Your Head
- Uses a timer set for 10-minutes
- Write out all of your ideas, without editing
- Put your ideas on paper
- Use an app like Notes, Evernote, OneNote and record your ideas on one of your digital devices
- Create a Mindmap
- Use a digital voice recorder
- Use MacDictate / Dragon Naturally Speaking to turn your words into text
- Stop when the timer sounds
- Organize ideas into related clusters
- Ditch the stuff that is not relevant
- Create a concrete action plan with discrete steps
- Take action
Putting your ideas into a form you can look at will give your brain a rest and give you the opportunity to move into action.
Try it and let me know how this works for you.