I raised the most cash donations in 30 minutes at the Relay for Life Sonoma. Here I am being crowned Prom Queen.
How Did I Do It?
I survived cancer and chemotherapy in 2014. During my journey back to wellness, I learned to embrace my fears and work through them. When I heard about the contest for Prom Queen, I went to work on my costume with enthusiasm. I wanted to rock the event and I was determined to win.
Winning The Race Is Like Creating a Winning Brand
- I spent time thinking about what I wanted my costume to look like
- Then, I spent time finding just the right elements for my winning look, much like my approach to creating a winning logo.
- I had a dream of being crowned queen,
- I was determined to win.
- I knew what I had to do to win: ask people to vote for me by putting money into my bag.
- I solicited funds from everyone I saw, even people who had already given me donations.
- If someone said no, I didn’t dwell on it I looked for people who would say yes.
- I had fun.
The Essential Keys to My Success
- I got people’s attention with my memorable and fabulous look
- I engaged with my audience
- I thanked the people who contributed to my success
- I quickly moved on from those who said no
- I stayed focused
- I paid attention to my time
- I asked for what I wanted
- I was fearless
- I saw myself as a winner and nothing could stop me
- I took positive and specific action
- I kept my eye on the prize
If you follow these steps with your marketing, you’ll be a winner too!